WRITING SCHOOL Details, Cost, Payment Schedule, and Tuition Specials:
WRITING SPIRIT, THE SCHOOL with Lynn Andrews is designed as a two-year program (“Year 1” and “Year 2”), each Year consisting of a 10-month term.
By popular demand, there are now two Sessions of Writing Spirit, The School!
- Session I begins on the first Monday of February of each year and runs through November, for two consecutive 10-month terms (Session I, “Year 1” and “Year 2”), and includes the Writing School Retreat the following January;
- Session II begins on the first Monday of July of each year and runs through April, for two consecutive 10-month terms (Session II, “Year 1” and “Year 2”), and also includes the Writing School Retreat in January.
There are no prerequisites for Year 1 of the Writing School, and you do not have to commit to both years when you register.
Successful completion of Year 1, however, is required in order to enroll in Year 2 unless you have received prior permission from Lynn.
Each year of the Writing School Curriculum includes:
- Quarterly Workbooks sent to you by email, and a Writing SchoolMentor to guide you and serve as a bridge between you and Lynn between teleconferences;
- Weekly reading and writing assignments using Lynn’s book Writing Spirit as a reference point, along with outside reading assignments and special teachings from Lynn;
- Teleconferences throughout the year with Lynn and your Mentor and fellow writers during which you have an opportunity to read some of your work aloud and get personal feedback from Lynn;
- Two personal half hour calls with Lynn (Year 1 only);
- Private and group calls, video chats and emails with your Mentor and with your Classmates to answer questions and discuss ideas and concerns that arise as you work through the exercises;
- A private Annual Writing School-only Retreat with Lynn and your fellow writers held in Cave Creek, Arizona, which is restricted to writers enrolled in Writing Spirit, The School.
The focus of Writing Spirit, The School is about you as well as about your writings, those assigned through the Workbooks as well as your own, individually-inspired work, and Lynn will critique some of your selected writings throughout the School Year.
It is a Writing School designed with shamanic intent and shamanic energy, and you will find that you awaken the voice of your innate shaman wisdom at the same time as you discover your creative soul. As in all of shamanism, the work of Writing Spirit, the School is direct and abstract, elaborate and “no frills”. It is designed to open you and stretch your writing, moving you like a ‘guide book’ of trails through rugged mountains. The language in these exercises is intended to shake you up and get your attention.
You learn to trust the messages as well as the messengers, the spirits of the Ancestors and the sacred and wise beings that you meet who give you information that will help you in your daily life as a writer. You learn to walk with one foot planted firmly in the physical world and one foot in the world of spirit. In the process of becoming the writer you are, you become whole and healed within yourself!
It is a process which moves you in and out of your own way as you discover your writing self. It is about the energy of shaman art expressed through the written word, the Twisted Hair Storyteller, as in, “WRITE. INHALE. SEE.” Throughout the Workbooks, you will find similar activities, perhaps a dreamy pause or a thought of a different kind. Then you follow that energy, whatever it is to you. It becomes a treasure hunt for your creative soul, YOUR WRITING SPIRIT!
Year One(for both Sessions I and II):
This school is based on Lynn’s book Writing Spirit. In our first year together, we will travel around all four corners of this book as you take your first journey around the Twisted Hair Storyteller’s Wheel in search of your Writing Spirit. The Workbooks will give you a series of exercises, assignments, stories, poetry and prose that build one upon the other as you read and write, write, write! In this way, you unite with something deep within you, far more passionate and important than a best seller. You will unite with the mysterious living art within you – your Writing Spirit!
Year Two(for both Sessions I and II):
You will take the Twisted Hair Storyteller’s Journey again in a quest to find the creative outlet for your words – your book, story, song … your own unique voice. This time, however, you take this journey with your own Writing Soul as your companion, using another set of skillfully crafted Workbooks designed specifically to assist you in honoring your own writer’s voice and vision. The shamanic energy of the hunt is woven through this Second Year as you stalk your own words to discover, develop, design and manifest the treasure that will be yours at the end of your quest.
Cost Tuition and Payments
1. There is a $100 non-refundable deposit required of all registrants at the time of Registration.
2. Regular annual tuition for Writing Spirit, The School is $2,750.00 (Annual tuition for those simultaneously enrolled in Lynn’s Shaman Mystery School or Kindred Spirits Graduate Program/ Online Courses is $2,500.00.)
3. There is a special discount for everyone who pays their total annual tuition in full on or before February 1st for Session I, or July 1st for Session II. ($2450.00 regular tuition; $2,200.00 for Mystery School/KSP /Online Courses.)
4. There is also a monthly payment plan available. Tuition payments for those on the Monthly Payment Plan are as follows: Regular tuition – $275.00/month for ten months beginning February 7th for Session I and July 7th for Session II; $250.00/month for those in the Mystery School, KSP program or have taken three Online Courses in the last three months. For those on a monthly payment plan, there is also a one-time processing fee of $100.00 due with your first tuition payment.
5. Students who pay their annual tuition in full by January 15th for Session I or June 15th for Session II, will receive a free, personally autographed copy of Lynn’s book, Writing Spirit.
REGISTRATION FORM: EVERYBODY MUST COMPLETE. Please note: If you have trouble with this form, please REFRESH / RELOAD the page. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Writing School Administrator, Vicki Dobbs, at email@example.com.