Tools, Tips and Downloads
We are providing these links as suggested resources. We do not provide assistance in downloading to your computer nor are we responsible for problems you may experience when doing so. If you need assistance, please contact the supplier or manufacturer of your computer and the software you run and/or your ISP or internet provider. Thank you!
List of Tools
Please Note: You will obtain the best results by viewing Lynn's website using either the Mozilla Firefox or Safari browser (see below).
Also: download your browser's flash plug-in and set your browser to allow cookies.
Download this player in order to view high-quality video and audio clips in QuickTime format including the Virtual Gallery Tours offered on this site.
The award-winning, free Web browser is better than ever. Browse the Web with confidence – Firefox protects you from viruses, spyware and pop-ups. Enjoy improvements to performance, ease of use and privacy. It’s easy to import your favorites and settings and get started.
Adobe® Flash Player – The leading rich client for Internet content and applications across the broadest range of platforms.
Download the latest from Safari and experience the world’s fastest, easiest-to-use web browser. Free for Mac and PC.
Clearing your Browser’s “Cache”
Normally, to see the changes on your page, you click the Refresh button on the browser toolbar or press the F5 key on your keyboard. In many cases, this simply reloads the page without clearing the browser’s cache. Here are some techniques to wipe clean the browser’s cache so you will see the changes when your page reloads.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Hold down SHIFT and click on the REFRESH button in the toolbar under the menu.
- For Serious Clearing: If you are having problems clearing out the cache, then force it by choosing from the menu TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > TEMPORARY FILES. Click on Delete Temporary Files. You can choose the checkbox to delete all Internet files, but you might not want to as that will also clear all your passwords and cookies, but if you are having trouble viewing the changes on your page, go all the way.
- Hold down CTRL+SHIFT+R.
- For Serious Clearing: From the browser menu, Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache and select Clear.
- From the menu, click Edit > Preferences > Advanced. Choose “Cache” and click both “Clear Memory Cache” and “Clear Disk Cache”.
Mozilla 1.x and up
- From the browser menu, Edit > Preferences > Advanced and click “Cache” and “Clear Cache”.
- From the browser menu, Edit > File > Preferences > History and Cache and click “Cache”.
- From the browser menu, Safari > Reset Safari and click Reset to confirm OR Safari > Empty Cache.
- Each browser may have a way of stopping or minimizing the caching of web pages. Using this technique will definitely slow down your web page viewing, and it isn’t a perfect solution because some caching may still occur, but it does help. Check your Internet browser’s help files for the specifics on how to turn off the cache feature.